Intoxicated Drivers Collide into Two Houses Overnight | News
A pair of DWI accidents caused damage to homes in the area overnight.
Orchard Park police say an intoxicated driver struck a house at 3615 Abbott Road shortly after midnight.
Michael Metro of East Aurora is charged with Felony DWI after police say he lost control of his vehicle and caused substantial damage to the garage.
Also, Chautauqua County Sheriff deputies responded around 2:15 a.m. Sunday to a report of a vehicle that crashed into a house on Marks Corner Road in the Town of French Creek.
Deputies say Brent D. Nelson, 40, of Jamestown, was driving at a high rate of speed when he veered off the roadway and crashed into the front porch of a house. The vehicle then side swiped a utility pole before crashing into a creek bed.
Nelson was uninjured in the crash and was arrested for DWI. He was issued an appearance ticket for the French Creek Town Court.
Top Southern Tier Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Erie County Fair Free Concert - Three Dog Night, August 10th
- Hamburg School District Votes to Continue Chasing Blogger
- Erie County Fair Announces Another FREE Concert - Sawyer Brown, August 8th
- Early Entry Deadline Is Friday For WNY Hog Preview Classic at The Fairgrounds
- Town of Hamburg Identity Theft Protection Day