One Dead after Car Drives into Chautauqua Lake | News
NORTH HARMONY, NY - A Chautauqua County man is dead after driving his car into Chautauqua Lake Thursday morning.
The accident happened shortly before 6 a.m. at the end of Stow Ferry Road at the Bemus Point-Stow Ferry launch.
When deputies and emergency crews arrived at the scene, they found a car about 40 feet beyond the Ferry in about four feet of water.
Deputies believe the victim, Mark Swanson, 64, may have suffered a medical issue prior to crashing his car through a barrier and into the lake.
Upcoming Events near Southern Tier
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- South Buffalo Alive to Host Bricks in the Bowl Celebration
- South Buffalo Charter School Unveils New $21 Million Building
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.