Man Charged with Using a Gun to Menace Sheriff Deputy | News
ELLERY, N.Y. - A Bemus Point man has been arrested and charged with Menacing after the Chautauqua County Sheriff's Office says he waved a gun around while yelling obscenities at a Sheriff Deputy.
Around 12:33 a.m. Saturday, Deputies were questioning a North Carolina man in a driveway in the town of Ellery for speeding and Driving While Intoxicated. The passenger of the vehicle, Brett J. Steffen, 29, of Bemus Point, went inside the home to use the restroom.
When Steffen came out of the house, he was reportedly holding a hand gun and yelling obscenities at a Sheriff Deputy. Steffen was placed into custody after being held at gun point for several minutes before other Deputies arrived.
Steffen is being charged with Menacing a Police Officer and will appear in the town of Ellery Court.
Upcoming Events near Southern Tier
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.
- DEC says Buffalo company 'creating significant dust'
- No Frills Buffalo Releases Book by New Author