Taglianetti in Custody; Suspect in Clymer Murder | News
CLYMER, N.Y. -- Chautauqua County Sheriff Joseph Gerace tells 2 On Your Side that Anthony Robert Taglianetti, the suspect in the murder of Clymer School Superintendent Keith Reed, is in custody.
Taglianetti was located by the United States Marshal Service Fugitive Task Force and the Shenandoah Valley County Sheriff's Office late Friday afternoon near the Shenandoah Valley National Park in the state of Virginia and was taken into custody without incident.
Deputy U.S. Marshal John Doss and a Harrisonburg Police Officer were partnered up as part of a fugitive task force. They were patrolling areas that they thought the suspect may be in and spotted his moving vehicle. Taglianetti was stopped and taken into custody.
Sheriff Gerace wouldn't tell us where Taglianetti was going, what was in his car, or what was said when he was caught. Video in the player above from WRC in Washington shows Taglianetti's car, moments after he was taken into custody in Virginia.
Chautauqua County Sheriff's Investigators and Prince William County Detectives are continuing their investigation in Virginia.
Upcoming Events near Southern Tier
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public
- World-renowned AIDS researcher among victims of downed Malaysian flight
- Fire damages homes in South Buffalo