Ripley Man Hit by Train | News
RIPLEY, NY-- A Ripley man is recovering after he was hit by a train in Chautauqua County Tuesday night.
Sheriff's Deputies say 23-year old Timothy Luke Jr. was trying to cross the tracks at South State Street last night in Ripley when a Norfolk-Southern train hit him and sent him flying.
Amazingly, he suffered only a broken leg.
A witness told deputies that the crossing gates were working normally when the accident happened.
Top Southern Tier Stories
Upcoming Events near Southern Tier
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Erie County Fair Free Concert - Three Dog Night, August 10th
- Hamburg School District Votes to Continue Chasing Blogger
- Erie County Fair Announces Another FREE Concert - Sawyer Brown, August 8th
- Early Entry Deadline Is Friday For WNY Hog Preview Classic at The Fairgrounds
- Town of Hamburg Identity Theft Protection Day