Hamburg Man Rescued from Lake Erie | News
TOWN OF HANOVER, N.Y. - A Hamburg man was kayaking on Lake Erie Saturday morning when his kayak overturned and sent him into the water, according to police.
Chautauqua County Sheriff's Deputies say 46-year-old Raymond Adamczyk was duck hunting in Hanford Bay shortly after 9:30 a.m. Saturday when the kayak overturned about 500 yards offshore.
Police say a jet ski from the Sunset Bay Fire Department was able to bring Adamczyk back to shore. Adamczyk was then taken to Lakeshore Hospital by ambulance.
Deputies say Adamczyk was wearing a Coast Guard approved life vest at the time of the incident.
Police did not say how long Adamczyk was in the water.
Upcoming Events near Southern Tier
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- NYC-BASED VENTURE CAPITALIST AND BLOGGER FRED WILSON TO SPEAK AT LARKIN SQUARE ON AUG. 5
- Check Out The Erie County Fair Admission Discounts
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public