Hamburg Man Rescued from Lake Erie | News
TOWN OF HANOVER, N.Y. - A Hamburg man was kayaking on Lake Erie Saturday morning when his kayak overturned and sent him into the water, according to police.
Chautauqua County Sheriff's Deputies say 46-year-old Raymond Adamczyk was duck hunting in Hanford Bay shortly after 9:30 a.m. Saturday when the kayak overturned about 500 yards offshore.
Police say a jet ski from the Sunset Bay Fire Department was able to bring Adamczyk back to shore. Adamczyk was then taken to Lakeshore Hospital by ambulance.
Deputies say Adamczyk was wearing a Coast Guard approved life vest at the time of the incident.
Police did not say how long Adamczyk was in the water.
Upcoming Events near Southern Tier
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.
- DEC says Buffalo company 'creating significant dust'
- No Frills Buffalo Releases Book by New Author