Services Announced for Army Specialist Austin Sampson | News
BLISS, N.Y. - A community will come together to say goodbye to 25-year-old Army Specialist Austin Sampson this week.
Specialist Sampson, who is from Wyoming County, died at a hospital in Texas January 4th.
According to the Robinson and Hackemer Funeral Home in Warsaw, Sampson was a graduate of the Letchworth Central School Class of 2006, and served in Operation Iraqi Freedom from 2007-2009, as well as Operation New Dawn from 2010-2011.
Friends may call Wednesday, Jan. 16 from 7 - 9 PM, Thursday, Jan. 17 from 2 - 4 & 7 - 9 at Robinson & Hackemer Funeral Home, 246 N. Main St., Warsaw where his funeral service will be held Friday, Jan. 18 at 1 PM.
A burial with military honors will be in Lyonsburg Cemetery, Bliss.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Fisher House Foundation, 111 Rockville Pike, Suite 420, Rockville, MD 20850-5168.
Upcoming Events near Southern Tier
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Buffalo Firefighters Battle Orlando Street Fire
- First Ward Neighbors Volunteer Time, Effort to Create Mural
- A Girl Scout troop spent their Saturday helping one woman turn her former bookstore into a bedroom.
- DEC says Buffalo company 'creating significant dust'
- No Frills Buffalo Releases Book by New Author