Source of Loud 'Boom' Identified in Chautauqua County | News
JAMESTOWN, NY - Police have finally confirmed the source of the loud "boom" heard Sunday night in southern Chautauqua County that had nearby residents concerned.
Lakewood-Busti Police say a 20-year-old male admitted to shooting three six-pound boxes of Tannerite with a rifle just after 6 p.m. Sunday on Lawson Road in the Town of Busti.
2 On Your Side received several phone calls and Facebook comments from residents in the Jamestown area wondering what the large "boom" was.
Tannerite is an explosive used in target practice
No charges are being filed at this time.
Upcoming Events near Southern Tier
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Check Out The Erie County Fair Admission Discounts
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public
- World-renowned AIDS researcher among victims of downed Malaysian flight