Man Dies After Being Tasered by Jamestown Police | News
JAMESTOWN, NY - The Chautauqua County District Attorney's office is investigating the death of a prisoner in Jamestown.
Investigators say Charles Barker, Jr., 30, was arrested Saturday by Jamestown Police.
Police officials say Barker was a passenger in a vehicle that was pulled over. He was arrested on a violation.
Officers say Barker had several baggies full of cocaine that he tried to hide and destroy while in the back of the police car.
Once officers arrived at the police station, they say Barker was combative and they used a taser to subdue him.
Barker had a seizure a couple hours later and was taken to WCA Hospital where he later died.
District Attorney David Foley says the the Jamestown Police Department has been cooperative in the investigation. "I have instructed my investigator to collect all the information from the Jamestown Police Department, including any video footage of the initial encounter in the Department. We will await the autopsy results before any decisions can be made on how to proceed," says Foley.
An autopsy on Barker is scheduled for Monday at the Erie County Medical Center.
Upcoming Events near Southern Tier
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Check Out The Erie County Fair Admission Discounts
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public
- World-renowned AIDS researcher among victims of downed Malaysian flight