Lawsuit to Be Filed Against Olean General Hospital | News
BUFFALO, NY-- Details of a lawsuit against Olean General Hospital will be announced this afternoon.
Attorney John Elmore contacted 2 On Your Side Tuesday morning to say that he is filing the lawsuit against the hospital, its parent company - Upper Allegany Health Systems, and pharmaceutical company Eli Lily.
The lawsuit is related to possible re-use of insulin pens made by Eli Lily.
Last month, 1,900 patients who received an insulin shot at Olean General between November of 2009 and January of this year were alerted about possible re-use of the pens and told to be tested for Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and HIV.
Top Southern Tier Stories
Upcoming Events near Southern Tier
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man Picked Up by Hamburg Police After Leaving Scene of Car Crash
- JACOBS MAKES BOATER’S SAFETY GUIDE AVAILABLE AT CLERK'S OFFICE
- Erie County Fair Free Concert - Three Dog Night, August 10th
- Hamburg School District Votes to Continue Chasing Blogger
- Erie County Fair Announces Another FREE Concert - Sawyer Brown, August 8th