Lawsuit to Be Filed Against Olean General Hospital | News
BUFFALO, NY-- Details of a lawsuit against Olean General Hospital will be announced this afternoon.
Attorney John Elmore contacted 2 On Your Side Tuesday morning to say that he is filing the lawsuit against the hospital, its parent company - Upper Allegany Health Systems, and pharmaceutical company Eli Lily.
The lawsuit is related to possible re-use of insulin pens made by Eli Lily.
Last month, 1,900 patients who received an insulin shot at Olean General between November of 2009 and January of this year were alerted about possible re-use of the pens and told to be tested for Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and HIV.
Upcoming Events near Southern Tier
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- NYC-BASED VENTURE CAPITALIST AND BLOGGER FRED WILSON TO SPEAK AT LARKIN SQUARE ON AUG. 5
- Check Out The Erie County Fair Admission Discounts
- Whirlpool-Rapids Bridge Inspection Lane Construction to Result in Canada-Bound Traffic Closure
- Buffalo River Fest Park Hosts 3rd Annual “Wardstock”
- New Tifft Street Pier and Boardwalk opens to public